Thursday, June 21, 2007

NOT how I wanted to enter Vegas...

Well, things haven't gotten much better for me online. I just can't get away from sick beats or horrible setups/coolers in cash games. I've had a few decent heaters here and there, but then shortly after I just keep getting hammered again. I leave for Vegas on Sunday running the worse I have in at least 8 months. So, not good...

I played some tourneys and WSOP qualifiers last Sunday. I thought changing it up to tourneys for a bit could help swing things back in my favour. What a big, fat waste of time and money that ended up being. At least the US Open golf was good. In the PP $550 tourney I got all-in in 2nd rotation with 88 vs. A8 on a AT83 board, river A. In FT $550 WSOP qualifier, I get all-in 3 hours into the tourney on flop with KsKc vs. 9d9h on a Ts8s7s board (notice my flush draw to boot, I'm so far ahead), river 6h. I am virtually guaranteed a main event seat if that hand holds up. In the end, I just end up blowing a little over $2k on Sunday tourneys and get donkeyed out of everything.

I finally got things turned around in cash last night, then lost almost the exact amount back today. The stuff that happened on Betfair tonight just makes me want to puke, I'm not even going to start explaining it...

So, to make a long story short, I'm pretty bummed about poker right now and my confidence is at one of it's lowest levels in a while. Pretty disappointing considering how much I've been looking forward to this Vegas trip. I have confidence in my live game, so I'm just going to put this past week or two behind me try to make something happen in Vegas.

I will probably play the $5k 6-handed event a couple days after I get there. One day I feel like I'll make a big score, hopefully it's in these weeks coming up! I'll be posting updates on the PCH message board and a little here.

I really hope I have some good news to report because I'm sick of just talking about running bad. I won't be playing much, if any, online before Vegas because we're going to a friend's cottage for a few days, and I need a break from cards before I jump into some serious playing in Vegas.

Oh yah, and I chipped my front fake tooth biting into chocolate this past week. I got the tooth from playing hockey almost 10 years ago. I chipped it (receiving a mouthful of tooth chips as the broken part disintegrated) about 10 seconds after getting oversetted. Going to the dentist tomorrow afternoon. Good times...

Peace! And good luck to everyone already in Vegas or leaving soon!

No comments: