Saturday, June 30, 2007

Vegas #4: WSOP $2k event

Meh, not much to report. Started at 4k chips and dwindled down to 2.2k in the first 1.5 hours by just missing everything. Then raised AK big pre-flop and some funny-lookin' dude limp-called. Flop is 9 high and I just jam for what I have left (sort of no-brainer play with my stack size). He instacalls with QT flush draw, which turns out is a favourite against my A high, but I turn a non-flush K and hold. At break I'm at 5.2k, so not bad, probably a little above average.

But then shortly after the break I limp with QsJs in the cutoff with just under 5k in chips. I flop a flush draw and gutter and just decided to gamble with it. I ended up getting all-in versus a set and medium stack's straight. It was the short stack being in there too that convinced me to go with it (plus half my stack was in with the hopes I had live cards too which obviously wasn't the case). So, if I hit I'm huge at around 15k, but I miss and am out. I dunno, I could have gotten away from the hand and made a tight fold (probably didn't really have the odds to do what I did, but it was close). I've always tried to chip up early and it's always worked well for me in tournaments, but it's just not happening for me in Vegas. I wouldn't say it was a donkey play, but not the greatest. I won't lose much sleep over it though.

I didn't do much else today. Went to Mirage to eat with Angst and Quentin and ended up goofing around in a little $5/$10 Omaha Hi/Lo Limit. Got a great comped buffet at Mirage. Then, went over to Caesar's Forum shops and got a Elmo doll and cool outfit for Owen. Also got some Cirque de Soleil Mystere tickets for Sarah and our Moms, and some Danny Gans tickets for all of us. Sarah and I are also planning on checking out the Tropicana Comedy Stop with everyone here, I've heard it's a blast.

I got back to the room at 10:30 and I'm just exhausted. The past few days is catching up with me and I just need one non-stressful night. Going to watch a bit of the movie Apocalypto and just crash. I'll get up as early as I feel alert and head over to Wynn to see if I can find any tilty, tired, and stuck players still grinding away. Then, I have the $1500 WSOP event at noon. Maybe I can make the second break in a tournament on this trip....but, this one will be the biggest crapshoot of them all as we only start with 3k in chips.

Later guys!

No comments: