Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Ended streak of no-cashes in tourneys

I won a small $100 tourney on Stars back around April 6th, and haven't had a single cash in a tournament since. This is a pretty big guess, but it's probably 40-50 tournaments without a cash. Can't remember for sure when those 3 Regent final tables in a row was, but whatever....lets just say it's been a long time since I've done anything in a tourney.

Played some Tuesday tourneys tonight, nothing big. 3 tourneys between $100-$200 entry. I finally broke the streak and cashed in the lowest bracket of money on Stars. Meh, it's a start. I was just as card dead as I've been in all my other tournaments, but this time I sucked out a few times and managed to stay alive. Nothing is ever easy in tournaments anymore. Is it possible I'm simply worse at playing them than I used to be? Or just a bad run? I don't know. They've cost me a pretty penny. especially if you include the Vegas tourneys, in the past couple months.

The Betfair session I was playing while writing my last entry went very well. After I signed off on the blog, I went on a little heater and ended up making almost $10k again. The next session was over $6k. That was definitely the best 48 hour span I've had in quite a while, maybe ever. And I didn't even play that many hours. I'll take it.

Since then, I've been up and down on Betfair, raking together a bumpy $1k or so more which has paid for my tourneys and a couple SNG losses.

It has come to the point where I've decided I have to insist I get money FIRST (and preferably delivered to me) before doing online transfers. Even for friends. My list of money owing to me is starting to grow very long and much too high, and though I trust everyone and believe I'll get paid eventually, it's just taking too long and has become too much hassle/stress for me to keep track of and chase people around. Plus, all this moving money around online has eaten up my Moneybookers outgoing transaction limits and I can't even move money right now for my own purposes. Plus I get charged fees directly from all these transfers and indirectly through my rakeback (player fees often get deducted from your gross revenue on rakeback deals). So, point is, if you ever need an online transfer, I'm happy to help, but I need a transfer to a different site or cash in hand FIRST. I know this is perfectly understandable from my point of view, however it's funny how people get offended if I turn them down (which is an incredibly unfair spot to put me in). But, I'm getting AT LEAST 3 calls/week for online transfers, practically all of them on credit. It's not just a trust issue, and I think you have to experience having a lot of folks owing you coin, for a long period of time, before you understand. It's not personal. Anyway, enough of that crappy issue.

Going to watch an episode of this sci-fi show called Eureka (downloaded the first season, on episode 4, it's not as great as the 1st episode makes it look), then hit bed. My back is so sore. When I stand up it sometimes spasms and clenches up in a weird way and pulls me backwards. Bleh, it's annoying. First spontaneous back problem I've ever had, no fun. I'm really hurtin' now: chipped front tooth, broken back....I'm not even 30 yet and I'm fallin' apart. Stupid poker making me soft.

No comments: