Sunday, July 15, 2007

Vegas #7: $2.5k Bellagio tourney, and since

It took me a little while to get around to this update. Been back from Vegas for almost a week now. On my 3rd last day I played the Bellagio $2.5k event (same day the WSOP main event started). Started with 3 hours of a tight $10/$20 NL cash game, broke even. Nothing to tell about the tourney, AGAIN. Totally card dead, lost a 55/45 to get eliminated before the 2nd break, AGAIN.

7 tourneys, combined buy-in over 13k, NO RESULTS. Didn't make it past the second break once. Not even CLOSE to making the money once. With my past live tourney success this honestly surprises me, and is pretty disappointing. But whatever, it's tournaments, and I simply was completely card dead or donkeyed out of most of them. The only one I have big regrets on is the $5k 6-handed. I had a good start and bluffed my own sorry ass out against terrible players who I could have sat with and been paid off all night on my good hands.

But, overall Vegas was great. My mom and mother-in-law had a fantastic time and they really enjoyed the tickets I bought them and stuff I planned. I had a great time with my family which was the main reason I only played poker once in the 2nd week. Plus, my wife is hooked on Vegas so that's awesome. Won't be hard to convince her to make family trips there (or quick escapes) often.

Unfortunately, online has continued to be crappy in June. I strung 4 winning sessions in a row (2 of them in Vegas), then got hit by such a bad session it made them all mute. I got $5k on FullTilt, doubled it, then divebombed mostly in $25/$50 capped NL ($1500 cap) and busted. God, I run so bad at anything $25/$50, even capped. It's too bad because I actually enjoy those $25/$50 capped tables, but since I can never win when I get my money in as a 60/40 or 65/35 favourite, I don't last very long. I can't get JJ-AA to ever hold up, and you need to take down some pots with those premium hands in capped games (I see other players raking in donations with them constantly). But whatever, I'll stop bitchin'.

So, June has been brutal, but I had a short winning session today (almost $3k) on Party, so hopefully I can turn things around. I think with poker overall in June, I'm just about even. So, all things considered, and with the amount of bad poker I've played, I guess I should take it and run.

I'm playing a little $5/$10 PL Omaha Hi with Wolters right now on Stars. He's evidently making a killing with Omaha Hi right now and seems to be owning the game. I hope it continues for him and he doesn't jump too big too fast. I think I'm going to start learning the ropes of that game. I feel like I have a decent grasp already, but it's hard to shake some Hold'Em concepts (like wanting to hunt for small-mid sets all the time for any raises preflop).

Anyway, tired. Peace!

No comments: