Thursday, October 4, 2007

Rather Uninteresting

Sorry I haven't updated in a little while. I just haven't had much of anything very exciting to report about poker.

I haven't played much in the past week, and when I have it's been very sporatic. A bunch of random tourneys, including some WCOOP events. I don't even feel like talking about tourneys because they just put me on tilt. I know I can improve a lot, but I've honestly just been running horrible in the pivotal pots in the middle/late stages of any decent sized buy-in tourney. All my premium top 5 hands are getting torn to shreds.

I qualified in a $320 satellite for a $2600 WCOOP seat on Stars. It was fun to play, but I was super card dead. I actually think I survived as long as I could have, though I hated going out with my AK being dominated by KK, but I was honestly getting a little shortstacked. Earlier in the tournament, which made the biggest pot I won, I made a pretty huge call with Q high here:

http://www.pokerhand.org/?1549458

I've gotten into playing a few shots of the nightly 2am $109 turbo MTT on Tilt. It's fun and relatively brainless and the calibre of play is horrendous. The fields are always between 150-200 players. I have made a couple small cashes and one 3rd place finish for about $2400.

Cash game has just been totally blah. I just am getting cracked for medium-sized pots all over the place and not really getting much action on my hands at all. When I get back to playing a little more often I might try out a new site on the Prima or Ongame network, or just anywhere for a change. I really find the games at $5/$10+ on Party and Tilt are drying up, or maybe I'm just not putting the effort in and/or running bad.

Overall, since the last update, even though my records are full of negatives, I'm only down a few more K. So, no big disaster, but I really got to get things rolling again.

I'm sticking to my 100k hands at $5/$10, but just haven't been playing much. I am in complete cram mode now for my real estate licensing course and will be finished Oct 15th. Realistically, I won't play much at all before then.

I can't wait for Canterbury. Give me a shout if you're going. I'll be there Oct 20-25th.

I'll leave you with this beauty from my last cash session:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1532213

And this one of equal loveliness in yesterday's Tilt $109 turbo:
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1545822

Yah, I know, wah wah. But, someone throw me a bone...

Peace!

No comments: