Tuesday, May 1, 2007

cracked at Barca

Yo! So I headed down to Barca last night to hang out for a bit. There was a seat open next to my buddy Gavin Fifi, so I ended up sitting in the game for about 30 minutes. I always have a pretty maniac reputation there, so everyone expects me to do some crazy stuff right off the bat. Well, I straddle first hand to $5 and get AA. Few limpers, and the BB (only player at table who has me covered for my $500 buy-in) makes it $25, I pot it (knowing I'm going to get a call) for around $120. Flop is J73, he thinks a bit and pots into me. Well, obviously I like this play and jam all-in. He instacalls with JJ (well played, but sort of no-brainer). Bang, $500 down after the first hand. Of course, Grimes was dealing.

I almost leave immediately because I don't really feel like playing anymore and don't care much about $1/$2 and I know I won't make that money back in 30 minutes with the stacks at the table. But, Johnny brings me another $500 before I say anything, so I play. I proceed to get AA two more times in my short session (win small pots), hit a bunch of other medium size pots and have people donate to me left and right (especially the drunk cabbie, if you play at Barca you know who I'm talking about). I actually grinded back to up $75 and just quit and went home. Weird session.

The only online I've played since last Tuesday was a short session against two guys heads-up on FullTilt. Here are a few hands:

Hand 1: After slowly building from 1k to 2.2k, I double him up on this all-in pre-flop. I feel stupid afterwards, but tough one to avoid given the aggressiveness of the match so far.

Hand 2: I think this is the NEXT hand, where he returns the favour. Gutsy bluff on his part, but bad timing, hard for me to fold.

Hand 3: I jumped on a 10/20 table with $1,400 left in my FT account and hit a nice little no-brainer to double it up.

So, all-in-all, finished $150 up and decided to leave it at that.

Off to the Penguin Club right now for the weekly game. Will post results later tonight or tomorrow. One of these Tuesdays I gotta get something going again, hopefully today...

No comments: