Thursday, May 10, 2007

I guess this is running good

Nice to say I'm on a little roll. Think I've booked around 8 winning sessions in a row online. I can barely call most of them "sessions", often it's under 30 minutes. But, whatever, been winning and winning is goooood.

No $10/$25 on Tuesday, too many guys out of town. So, instead, I figure I'd go try the Club Regent re-buy tourney. Of course, I don't pre-register (cuz I didn't think I was going), get there, go on a waiting list, wait for the entire re-buy period (with Joe Williams who is also wanting to play some cards on our usual poker day), don't get in (neither does Joe), and we both go home after wasting a good few hours (Joe makes $150 in $3/$6 limit, I lose about the same in roullette, sounds about right). Regent sucks. Don't feel like elaborating.

Anyway, to the sessions i guess. Had a fun $5/$10 session on Party. Pretty much stress-free as you can see here


Quick $2,640 profit. Here are a few hands:

My play LOOKS like such a bluff (which it is), this was risky. I'm lucky he didn't call because his PF% is 47% and his showdowns won is 33% (aka fish). I was banking he missed a draw or was VERY weak. Not sure I like this play, but it worked.

Opponent slowplays and gets burnt. I almost tried to check-raise river, I should have (or bet really small to entice a K to raise), I think I stack him if I do.
http://www.pokerhand.org/?1073026

Stats told me this unknown player is SUPER-TIGHT pre-flop and on the flop (but does re-raise huge pairs), so a 7 is almost totally out of his range. I've been playing very aggressive at this table, so my weak turn bet makes him think his Q is good. I like how I play this hand given the information I have though I guess it looks a little no-brainer. The good part is I was confident I was winning and not just hoping.
I do this against these stupid tight shortstackers all the time. Brings in a lot of dead money and I rarely get caught.

At this point I made $2400 playing 5/10 in 178 hands. 23% flops seen, 41% wins when flop seen, 100% showdown wins. Wish it were always so easy.

Then I scooped up a quick $250 in 20 hands on a $10/$20 table and went to watch Survivor with the wife (shut up, we like it).

Last night I spotted a 10/20 table on FullTilt which looked good. Couple guys going at it pretty hard and making some questionable plays. I jumped into the middle and doubled my $2,000 stack. Here are a couple hands:

I pull off this bluff against a shortstack, then get screwed next hand against the same guy.

I limp with AA, then just smooth-call a raise and re-raise (I felt like I was going to lose them if I back-raised this, and I felt like action). I don't know how much I like how I play this, but it works out. These guys were nuts! If I do back-raise, they probably both fold I think. So, this time I get tricky and it pays off. Gross flop though. I would have hated getting turned or rivered on this one...double up! Pretty much the only significant hand I won on this table, good enough. http://www.pokerhand.org/?1077094

Woops, bad call. Thought he missed a straight draw. http://www.pokerhand.org/?1077099

Tonight I messed around on Stars a bit. Lost an HU-SNG, won an HU-SNG, scraped back to +$75 on a few 5/10 cash tables, then thought "meh, pokerstars, meh" and quit. I dunno, Stars is annoying. Always grabbing my screen focus, I constantly misclick if I do anything else while playing, annoying. I'll book the microwin.

Had a couple mini-Barca $1/$2 sessions in the past week, played like a donkey and pretty much broke even.

I would love to play in main event at the WSOP this year. I really gotta try and win a seat. We'll see, I never get around to it. I'll probably buy-in to at least one event while there, not sure which one. We'll see how cash games go the first couple days...I've heard and read so many stories of how soft they can be.

So, chalk up another $4,715 on these 3 sessions. I hope this continues. The difference between running good and running bad is SOOOOO thin (for example, I lose that AA hand above and I'm pretty much even for these 3 sessions). I think my attitude is better then it's ever been about poker, and I'm ready to ride the storm of another bad run, but I'll happily take a bit more no-brainer poker in the meantime, keep 'em coming!

Online cash & SNG (since blog start): +$19,390 US
Donkaments (since blog start): +$4,770 US
Live cash (since Nov/06): +$26,700 CDN

No comments: