Saturday, April 21, 2007

Poker Daddying it up

My son Owen just turned one and a half years old a couple days ago. He never stops for a second and babbles constantly. His personality, sense of humour, and motor skills are really developing now and it's become a lot of fun playing with him. Not that it wasn't fun before, but lets face it, infants are just sort of blobs of skin that poop, cry, and look around a little bit. I can't wait until Owen starts playing sports, video games, and stuff like that. I'm actually not sure how I'll handle the issue of learning poker with Owen. I don't think it's really something kids would be interested in anyway...takes way too much patience. If he ASKS to learn when he's older, I guess I'll teach him a little with play money. It's not like he couldn't learn on his own anyway using all the poker video games out now, so I don't see the point in hiding it from him. I've never been ashamed of playing poker anyway and I think it's a fantastic card game. Kids will get exposed to everything, including poker which is much more popular now than when I was growing up, and I'd much rather be the one exposing my son to many things rather than some random punk at school who has no idea. Honestly though, I just sort of hope he doesn't have any interest in poker (beyond playing it in video games or something) until he's at least 18.

Had my first round of golf today (St. Boniface). Had 2 eagle putts, 3 birdies, but started the round 8, 6, 8 (4 balls out of bounds), so I didn't worry about score too much. I thought Grimes was going to give me a tough time in golf this year, but he's still good ol' Grimey and I should be kicking his ass like usual I figure. Not too worried...

Anyway, a few things to update. Played a $320 tourney a couple days ago on Stars. Lost this gross hand AK vs AK on the way to being knocked out before the first break. Meanwhile, I played a quick $550+$20 on FullTilt to get my entry back (and a bit) and hit a nice little no-brainer to take it down.

I noticed on Sharkscope that I'm down in SNGs with my main accounts on FT and Stars which I didn't expect (about $3k on both sites). Other people have played my FT account, so that might account for some, if not all, the losses. My ROI (return on investment) is positive, but my dollar winnings is negative. Guess this means I win on average, however I'm losing the bigger SNGs too often. I find I've always had crappy luck at $1,100+ SNGs, and really $3k down isn't much, so whatever...stupid Sharkscope and stupid people with their stupid stars and sharks :)

Sat down to play a short session tonight and ended up playing almost 5 hours of $5/$10 and $10/$20 (just one 10/20 table) on PartyPoker. Fiddled with this graph thingie so I can visually display the rollercoaster that is me playing online.

So basically, I was even after 1150 hands and made my entire $3,100 profit in the last 200 hands (not sure why the graph only shows $2,869 profit, guess just not 100% accurate or I did something wrong. I think the graph might be too small and doesn't link to a bigger one, but i'm tired and won't fix it, next time...

I felt like I was having problems against one very aggressive player named ISplashFunds. It felt like I was getting run over by him and it was annoying since he was on pretty much all my short-handed tables. But, I play him conservatively and really tried to pick my spots with him. I checked in PokerTracker after and saw that he won 102 pots against me versus my 71 pots, but I profitted $1,360 on him. So, I guess I played him alright because I don't think I was hitting particularly better.

Found some nice fishies on PP tonight, so that's good, hope more start playing. Here are some hands:

so damn ugly...this guy is such a fish...

look what he calls me with...

lose most of my stack to a bad call (forgot to save hand history), then to add insult to injury this happens with my short stack, good thing I didn't reload first

made a little back from the Q5 suck-out guy

gah, woops...I really wanted to advertise a bluff to this guy again, stupid, not necessary...don't bluff calling stations!

Mitchog2906 is horrible, he never folds

if only it was this easy all the time...notice the $200 in dead pre-flop money to boot...

meh, bad hand, terrible read...

i get a little lucky here on the turn, i play it so weak because i didn't think he had anything, i
could have made more but I don't mind my play

look at this dumbass...thank you!

ding! I make an "iffy" call on flop and nail a nice little gutter on the turn! love it! i play
this hand a little weird and don't even know if i should raise river, but i do and it works out.

another bad play against ISplashFunds...i rarely call down this light, but i really thought he
missed a draw (I was convinced of KQ) or had complete air...my read is awful on this guy...

ah, finish it off with one for me vs. ISplashFunds...

So anywho, PCH Online tourney tomorrow, then some serious BBQing, I better get to bed.

Online cash & SNG (since blog start): +$11,150
Tournaments (since blog start): +$4,860

No comments: